SO LONG SUMMERRRRRRRR!!!! The livin’ was easy, but quite busy.
It’s been a month since I last posted and you know what that means? That’s right! Tracy got lazy because she wanted to do other things. But, guys, those other things have been so fun. I mean, we have been having some serious fun the last month! It’s funny how isolated and lonely I felt almost a year ago when we moved out to San Francisco. I still have times when I get lonely, but life out in SF is in full swing y’all. These days my weeks consist of playgroups, pre-school, ballet class, library visits, meeting up with mom friends, volunteering and going to meetings, taking care of the kids (duh!), working up at the hospital, hanging out with my sista (what, what?!!), and hosting occasional out of town visitors! It’s not been a year, but I think I officially thrown myself into my community here. I love seeing the familiar faces in my neighborhood: the friendly peeps at the laundromat, my elderly neighbors at the grocery store, my weekend crew at the hospital… it’s really feeling like home these days. I’ve made 3 trips back to Texas since moving out here last October, and each time I come back to San Francisco it feels more like home.
So here’s what we’ve been up to lately:
- After MONTHS of waiting for my permanent California RN license (and too many trips up to Sacramento with the kids in tow), I finally got the real deal card that says I can practice in California. Buh-bye temporary RN license! But seriously, how does anyone get anything done with the California Board of Nursing without actually driving up there in person?! An organization that large should be able to answer their phones every once in a while or at the least their emails. Frustrating!
- Towards the end of August Luke flew down to Texas with the kids by himself for the first time and I followed a few days later. It was pretty low-key, and we were able to spend some good time with family.
- We returned from Texas and spent the next weekend back home with Adam, Katie (both Luke’s siblings) and Katie’s husband, Richard. We had so much fun at our first game in Giant’s Stadium watching the Cardinals win! I’ll post more from that day later this week, but man, was it fun!
- Labor Day weekend we rented a cabin near Yosemite and split it with Stephy, Sunny and Bailey. Lots of fun and I’ll post more about Yosemite later this week, too.
- When we got back from our weekend, Jude started his one day a week pre-school and Claire started ballet class. The cuteness that this first day saw… My babies are growing up!
- And just this last weekend we had our friends from out of town, Tavo & Stephen, come and stay for a few days. It was such a great time for everyone.
Folks, this is all in just the last month! I’m pretty sure there were months back when I didn’t have kids where I didn’t see this much action and, apart from my family, I lived as a hermit. So I guess I’m a recovering hermit. The circumstances I’ve placed myself in (motherhood, moving to a new city, etc.) have forced me out of my shell- I know, different hermit. And boy, if I’m not pooped from all this! But, I’m having fun Stay tuned for more posts, exclamation points, and ALL CAPS later this week!